We will try to provide benefits that you want.
The Palos Verdes Peninsula Village activities, services and volunteer opportunities are based upon what you, as members, tell us you want. We're listening. Through benefits like these we build meaningful connections we all need to maintain vibrant lives in our neighborhood homes.We'll begin with a core selection and expand as opportunities develop.
- Minor household repairs and chores such as paint touch-ups, furniture assembly, changing light bulbs and basic carpentry.
Home Safety Assessment
- "Aging in place" design and construction assessment
Household help and daily living
- Errands such as picking up a prescription, grocery shopping and delivery
- Temporary meal assistance
- Temporary pet care, pet walking
- Simple gardening and caring for indoor plants
- Weekly trash can removal and return
Includes Peninsula Seniors Program
Access to Peninsula Seniors activities and programs.
- Regular friendly visits or phone calls
- Intergenerational groups and activities
- Provide student lodging in exchange for services
- Social media and other technology help
Marymount California University Classes
Access to Marymount California University classes for non-credit.
Member to Member Support
- Reading out loud
- Friendly visits
- Phone check-ins
- Connection with adult children
- Support during transitions
- Conversation groups
- Palos Verdes Village Guide to Transportation
- Door-to-door transportation
- Medical appointments, social events, shopping, library, post office, etc.
- Free escort home after medical procedures
Referrals for Professional Services
- Professional, legal, financial
- In-home care services and home health care referrals
- Gardening and landscaping
- Major home repairs
- Electricians, plumbers, roofers
- Computer assistance
Social, Cultural, Educational and Wellness Activities
- Affinity groups that connect with those who have similar interests
- Walking or strolling group
- Theater and art outings
- Gourmet, dinner/lunch group
- Current events group
- Special events and activities
Technology Assistance and Social Medial Help (Skype, Facebook)
- Small group or one-on-one at home
- Provide services to other members such as transportation, minor household repairs, daily living help such as changing light bulbs, trash can removal and walking pets
- Develop affinity groups
- Office and administrative tasks
Last, But Definitely Not Least...
The benefits of membership go well beyond the programs and support covered by your dues. The “peace of mind,” connections, friendships, improved health and engagement that members find is the heart of the Village.
916 Silver Spur Road, Suite 302, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274 (310) 991-3324